MCAT prep plan,, questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoctor94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm scheduled to take the MCAT in June 18th, and i'm currently taking classes at school as well. I have 98 days till the exam day, and i'm trying to figure out the best study plan for me. I already have the Kaplan self-paced course, which includes the FLs and all AAMC released materials, but i was thinking to myself if i used the Khan Academy videos fro content review it would accelerate the process and give me more time to do full lengths and all the AAMC released questions. What do you guys think? is the Khan Academy enough for content review?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would ask this in the regular mcat sub forum and not this one. Not as many people lurk on this one

I believe Khan Academy is too much for content review in terms of time. It definitely covers everything concisely and at a level you need to know for the MCAT, but if you only have so little time, you might not have the time to do Khan Academy and balance schoolwork on top of that. Books might be better since they're self-paced, but you'd need to build a good schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe Khan Academy is too much for content review in terms of time. It definitely covers everything concisely and at a level you need to know for the MCAT, but if you only have so little time, you might not have the time to do Khan Academy and balance schoolwork on top of that. Books might be better since they're self-paced, but you'd need to build a good schedule.

But it's faster than reading a book and also more interesting. Watching videos for 5 hours a day is less boring than shuffling through pages.. At least that's the case for me.

But it's faster than reading a book and also more interesting. Watching videos for 5 hours a day is less boring than shuffling through pages.. At least that's the case for me.

I found it to be slower than reading a book but I think that's because I didn't need review on biochemistry or chemistry so it was only reading three books for me. It's definitely more interesting though because you don't have to interpret any complex figures since he basically does it for you. To each their own.