Mcat prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOHN M

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So guys currently my plan is to study for the mcat but don’t know which materials are best. Probably not taking it this year since I only have 46 credits. Some people told to do the prep course

Members don't see this ad.

So guys currently my plan is to study for the mcat but don’t know which materials are best. Probably not taking it this year since I only have 46 credits. Some people told to do the prep course
I would recommend not doing a prep course unless you truly need the guidance and have disposable income.

Go to the sticky-threads of the Pre-Allo page and look at Lawpers thread with MCAT prep resources. There are like 20 different students (me included) who posted their resources and study strategies.

Reactions: 1 users

Reactions: 1 user
@JOHN M MemeLord has linked you to an MVP reference list. If that's an overwhelming list of resources e.g. you're not going to act on that today then I would suggest started with SN2ed's day schedule planner along with resources which I've attached below. The Berkeley Review (TBR) has the most exhaustive resource manuals which were more informative for me than Kaplan or The Princeton Review. I also liked using Nova for physics review. It seems like every year there are more resources for students to draw material from which is a good thing.

Attachments

• 100-Day-MCAT-Schedule-2019-Edition.pdf
    266.9 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Select All That Apply about modifying the SN2ed plan. I have never seen anyone get a low score sticking to that. There's a current version from KoalaT that I found super helpful. I also agree with Select that TBR is the best resource out there, but only for sciences. For CARS and P/S, I found TPR and EK to be super helpful. You don't have to use the same books for all of the sections.

@JOHN M MemeLord has linked you to an MVP reference list. If that's an overwhelming list of resources e.g. you're not going to act on that today then I would suggest started with SN2ed's day schedule planner along with resources which I've attached below. The Berkeley Review (TBR) has the most exhaustive resource manuals which were more informative for me than Kaplan or The Princeton Review. I also liked using Nova for physics review. It seems like every year there are more resources for students to draw material from which is a good thing.

Thanks for the helpful post.

Who has the best CARS and P/S review materials?

Is Nova Physics needed to supplement TBR's physics volumes 1 and 2?