MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibelisha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
quick question about MCAT prep. i am not anything close to bio/chem major.
i took bio 1, gen chem 1 & 2, orgo 1, and the physics 1 & 2. i still have to take orgo 2, orgo lab, and bio 2.
i am planning on taking the MCAT in august. i will take orgo 2 over the summer and bio 2 next fall.
1.what is the best way to prepare for the MCAT considering my situation?
2. is the kaplan prep/review book enough to know and understand the bio 2 material?
3. any recomended practice questions books? i got 2 sample exams and MCAT 45. i would like to practice more.
thanks a lot in advance!
ibelisha

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't a bio or chem major either. I didn't take a lot of the prerequisites as an undergraduate so I'm doing that now (very slowly!). I still have not taken the second semester of physics and won't do that until this Fall. But I'm taking the MCAT in April.

I'm scoring pretty well on PS practice tests, so it's definitely possible to do well on the MCAT even if you are missing a prerequisite. You have to be very motivated to learn the material on your own, though. If you can't (or won't) put in the time to do that before the test, then I wouldn't take it until you have taken the course.