MCAT Preparation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by VC15, Jun 11, 2001.

1. VC15

VC15 MS4

Medical Student
    For people who have taken the MCAT already and done well, how much time did you spend preparing? I took all the courses that would help on the MCAT (other than biochemistry), and am also starting my Princeton Review course this weekend. I've done pretty well at verbal practice passages that I have tried, but heard the real MCAT is MUCH harder. :mad: I've been studying about 15-20 hours a week for the past 4 weeks, and plan to continue that (not including the time in the MCAT class, etc.) until the end of July.... then I'll do more intensive studying in August once my summer job is done with. Should that be OK?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kris

kris Senior Member

Wow! That's more studying than I did, so if you're absorbing stuff, you should probably do just fine.

If you haven't had biochem, my only recommendation is to study those sugar linkages, structures, etc. I hadn't had biochem, and hadn't covered sugars in Organic, but got hit with a few distinct questions about them on the MCAT.

My advice for the bio section is still: Be able to read/interpret/understand and absorb the info from a graph, chart, data table very quickly. Be adept at that, and I think you may have an advantage over others. Many questions are based on your ability to sift through the data.

Good luck!
    --kris