MCAT problem!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwang1990216

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already submitted quite a few secondaries reporting that I was done with MCAT( I took it in june). But recently I decided to retake the MCAT in Sep for schools in canada, some of which have strict MCAT cut-offs. Should I contact each school and tell them that I am taking it again or leave it as it is as for those schools my files are already complete? Advice needed!

Members don't see this ad.

Presumably, you intend to do better on this next test. This is very hard to say without knowing the schools, their policies, if they are rolling admission, semi-rolling,whether you think you will do exceptionally better, or whatnot. There are so many variables, it is really hard to say - which is why people are not offering up quick responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Presumably, you intend to do better on this next test. This is very hard to say without knowing the schools, their policies, if they are rolling admission, semi-rolling,whether you think you will do exceptionally better, or whatnot. There are so many variables, it is really hard to say - which is why people are not offering up quick responses.

I have posted a similar post before,and I was told thar I can' t refrain the information about any MCAT retake from the schools. But with some of my applications already complete,is there a point to nagging schools again that I am retakin?

I have an 8 in ps,and two schools I m applying in Canada need a 9. Lol,but how is it related to my original question?

Usually the more info you disclose the more likely someone is to respond. Or at least thats how it is with me.

If you are satisfied with your current score for the schools at which you are complete, it doesn't hurt to contact them, let them know you are retaking but tell them that for their application, you would like them to consider the current score as final regardless of any improvements.

I'm not sure if that'll work as schools may want to know if your scores went down, but it may be worth a try.