MCAT problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeantm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get a little advice on what to do to get ready for the next MCAT. Here is my background and ANY opinions would be really appreciated.

I studied all of last summer..literally studied 3-4 days a week for 8 hours a day! I know this is really embarassing BUT I am seriously in need of advice.

I took the examkrackers course and did all their stuff and by the end of the summer my highest practice test was a 21! I know my big weakness is physics...My scores were always a 9 in verbal and 6 and 6 in BS and PS. I have taken upper level bio (genetics, physio, pharm, etc).

ANY advice would sincerely be appreciated.

I've picked up the kaplan prep stuff and am about to start it all as well as audio but after this summer it is all VERY daunting of a task

Members don't see this ad.

When you are studying, do you go back to the questions afterwards and try to figure out why you are getting them wrong? Are you able to finish the entire section? Are you trying to skim through the passage too quickly and not getting the concept correctly? Sounds like something needs to be changed in your strategy...

I go back over all of my answers (even the ones I get right). I barely finish the PS section, but always strictly stay with the time. I don't skim and after I check my answers it doesn't seem that I am misunderstanding the passage. Not really sure what to change or how to start over?

What type of questions are you missing? Discrete vs. Passage? Content vs. Critical Thinking?

Based upon your 6,9,6 score it seems that you are weak on science content since you have a good verbal score.