MCAT progress?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorperez

Jesus was a dissident
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang -

Wanted your opinion as to whether you believe my scores depict improvement in what respects the MCAT or not..ok here it goes:

Jun 06/2001 MCAT Sample test III VR8,PS8,BS8
*Full test under virtually identical MCAT test conditions.

August 2/2001 Princeton MCAT 2000 Verbal R. tests I and VR 8-9 (closer to 8)
*Full "VR only" test under virtually similar MCAT test conditions.

August 2/2001 Princeton MCAT 2000 Verbal R. test II VR 10-11 (closer to 11)
*Full "VR only" test under virtually similar MCAT test conditions.

What do you guys think? Progress or not?
How are the princeton tests in comparison to current MCAT VR tests? Thanks.

Dr.Perez

P.S: BTW I am taking the August 18 2001 MCAT adm. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like your scores are moving in a positive trend. As for how you will perform on the actual MCAT, you really can't predict how your conditions would be like or how difficult the test may be. The best thing you could do is study hard and keep up the good work.

Wasabi :D

Hi doctorperez

You seem really stressed about the upcoming test (not that I blame you). Try to keep in mind that the more freaked you are the harder it is to concentrate during the test.

I'm not familiar with the other test you list so it's hard for me to comment on those but aamc test III was a good predictor of score for me in verbal last august. I think my real test was harder but it was obviously harder for everyone.

Are you getting through all of the passages, reviewing what you missed, do you have a strategy? There are a couple of good threads floating around here for attacking the verbal section. I personally like the Mike Method (deconstructing the MCAT verbal thread that can be found in everyone)

You've only got about another week worth of practicing. After that, if I were you, I would work on focusing...remember it's as much about not psyching yourself out as it is about beating the test...you against the MCAT...you can win if you give yourself a chance.

mj

Don't sweat it too much. From what I have heard the PR tests are a bit harder than the real thing. If you got an 11 on verbal that would be sweet. What are you currently getting on the other sections?