MCAT qbank from kaplan???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niklilly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone used the qbank from Kaplan? Was it worth it??

Members don't see this ad.

Here's what I posted before on the subject (though you probably don't need the bit about FLs):

The QBank is a collection of practice passages and questions. The good thing about it is that you can kind of make your own FLs. You can do this with either random passages or passages from topics of your choosing. Unfortunately, your pre-made FL will usually be slightly off in terms of passages and timing. Not to mention Kaplan's weakness in verbal. So while the QBank is a decent resource, it cannot replace FLs.

Additionally, the QBank is smaller than you might think with probably 150-180 passages. One BR book set alone, such as Physics, contains 100 passages by itself. You could also pick up both TPRH Workbooks (Science and Verbal) and get FAR more passages and questions. Both workbooks combined have around 360 passages and 800 discretes. Now if each passage has 7 questions, that's a total of 3300 questions.

In your case, your best bet will be to hunt down the TPRH Workbooks (typically found in the For Sale forum or on auction sites and sometimes Amazon) and pick up some FLs.

Here's what I posted before on the subject (though you probably don't need the bit about FLs):

The QBank is a collection of practice passages and questions. The good thing about it is that you can kind of make your own FLs. You can do this with either random passages or passages from topics of your choosing. Unfortunately, your pre-made FL will usually be slightly off in terms of passages and timing. Not to mention Kaplan's weakness in verbal. So while the QBank is a decent resource, it cannot replace FLs.

Additionally, the QBank is smaller than you might think with probably 150-180 passages. One BR book set alone, such as Physics, contains 100 passages by itself. You could also pick up both TPRH Workbooks (Science and Verbal) and get FAR more passages and questions. Both workbooks combined have around 360 passages and 800 discretes. Now if each passage has 7 questions, that's a total of 3300 questions.

In your case, your best bet will be to hunt down the TPRH Workbooks (typically found in the For Sale forum or on auction sites and sometimes Amazon) and pick up some FLs.

In your opinion, are the 1-6 Kaplan FLs better than the 1-10 GS FLs?

Members don't see this ad :)
In your opinion, are the 1-6 Kaplan FLs better than the 1-10 GS FLs?

are you taking the kaplan course? You only get 1-6 if you are and can't purchase separately. Both companies give fairly good exams (except the verbal is horrible for GS and just bad with Kaplan). GS is a great deal tho- $100 for 10 exams...just take the scores with a grain of salt since most people score much lower on GS compared to AAMCs/the real thing.

are you taking the kaplan course? You only get 1-6 if you are and can't purchase separately. Both companies give fairly good exams (except the verbal is horrible for GS and just bad with Kaplan). GS is a great deal tho- $100 for 10 exams...just take the scores with a grain of salt since most people score much lower on GS compared to AAMCs/the real thing.

I can get access to Kaplan, and I don't have an issue of purchasing GS 1-10. It's just I don't have time to cover both.