MCAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bedlam17

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is the MCAT administered---when are the sections of the test picked up?

Members don't see this ad.

bedlam17 said:
How is the MCAT administered---when are the sections of the test picked up?

?? It will change in 2007. Currently physical science is first, then verbal, and bio section with writing part lumped someone where in between. the test picked UP????

If i get your ? the entire booklet is picked up at the end.

No, you get only one booklet at a time and they (proctors) pick it up as soon as the time is up. They count them, making sure nobody is holding on to it so as to report on the contents or try and go back during another section and finish up.

MB in SD said:
No, you get only one booklet at a time and they (proctors) pick it up as soon as the time is up. They count them, making sure nobody is holding on to it so as to report on the contents or try and go back during another section and finish up.

OH i c. I figured it was like the SAT. that makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why they didn't do that for the SAt.

Members don't see this ad :)
MB in SD said:

exactly, they also count the booklets as they hand them out. at my mcat, they accidently handed out 2 booklets to one person and so right before the exam started the head count didnt match the booklet count. they asked if anyone had 2 booklets and no one said anything so they went seat by seat and checked. they found 2 booklets stuck together at somones desk and after picking up the extra booklet the old lady who was proctoring said, "ok... good.... that saved a call to the police." :eek:

she was 100% serious......