MCAT questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curi0user

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm actually a first year undergraduate student studying in Health sciences and I'm completely lost in terms of how to study and when to start studying and when would be the best time for me to actually take the MCAT? I heard in the summer after your second year would actually be ideal, but I'd like some more opinions.
I realize I sound completely unprepared, I just need a little guidance ha ha.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Generally, people apply to medical school at the end of their junior year, during the summer. You want your MCAT score to be in before then, so you want to have it taken by spring of your junior year. The conventional wisdom is that it takes a few months to study comprehensively for the MCAT. On the other hand, most people recommend waiting until taking all the prereqs before studying. So yes, the summer after your second year would be ideal.

Hello,
I'm actually a first year undergraduate student studying in Health sciences and I'm completely lost in terms of how to study and when to start studying and when would be the best time for me to actually take the MCAT? I heard in the summer after your second year would actually be ideal, but I'd like some more opinions.
I realize I sound completely unprepared, I just need a little guidance ha ha.
:)