I am trying to decide whether to take the MCAT on July 18th or August 5th. I want this to be my last MCAT, so I really gotta do well this time. I was wondering, if it's better to register for the august test date and then prepare for the july one, and if I am ready for the july test, take it then (since some people might be moving their test date to august, and seats will open up for July). Or is it better the other way around (registering for july one like everyone else and if I'm not ready, move it back to august)? I only ask because of the hassle one has to go through finding a seat to take the exam. Thank you for for time and your invaluable opinions.