MCAT Registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1040417

When will MCAT scheduling for April, May, June exams open up? I don't know how often they release the test dates for scheduling. I don't want to have to drive 70 miles or spend the night at a hotel, but how common is that?

Members don't see this ad.

February. It doesn't have a specific date/time in February yet, but I would keep checking every few weeks.

My recommendation would be to mark your calendar for the specific time and day that registration opens and register at that time. There will be a line and you can either wait and do homework in another window or have them email you 10 minutes before your turn. Also, please keep in mind that the time they give is eastern time.

I could in no way afford to drive far or stay in a hotel so that's what I did and I got a testing center 40 minutes from my house at my preferred date and time. :)

Is there anything we can clarify or other questions we can help you with?

Reactions: 1 user
February. It doesn't have a specific date/time in February yet, but I would keep checking every few weeks.

My recommendation would be to mark your calendar for the specific time and day that registration opens and register at that time. There will be a line and you can either wait and do homework in another window or have them email you 10 minutes before your turn. Also, please keep in mind that the time they give is eastern time.

I could in no way afford to drive far or stay in a hotel so that's what I did and I got a testing center 40 minutes from my house at my preferred date and time. :)

Is there anything we can clarify or other questions we can help you with?
When do these specific dates/times release or where would I find them? We wait for our turns to schedule? Sorry I'm totally new to this. Your comments are very helpful?

When do these specific dates/times release or where would I find them? We wait for our turns to schedule? Sorry I'm totally new to this. Your comments are very helpful?

No apologies necessary. We are all learning together. :)

Google "AAMC MCAT 2021 testing registration" periodically, which will take you to this page or bookmark this page to visit it directly: MCAT Registration and Scheduling in 2021 You should get a banner headline (see the ones in blue and purple at the top?) on that webpage after AAMC announces the specific date and time in February when spring MCAT registration will be available. I am unsure when exactly this will happen, but it should be some time in advance (December or January). If you want, I would be happy to make a note to post the date in this thread and tag you when it's announced.

More people chose to schedule in the first few hours of the first day of registration than at any other time because seats fill up fast. To prevent the system from crashing (remember the system crash disaster when Obamacare first came out?), you open up that page and they'll tell you when it's your turn to enter the system. That's a minor point though that you don't need to think about until the time. Get to the registration page at the time spring MCAT registration becomes available in February and you'll see what I mean.

Does this make sense? How can we help or clarify further?

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
No apologies necessary. We are all learning together. :)

Google "AAMC MCAT 2021 testing registration" periodically, which will take you to this page or bookmark this page to visit it directly: MCAT Registration and Scheduling in 2021 You should get a banner headline (see the ones in blue and purple at the top?) on that webpage after AAMC announces the specific date and time in February when spring MCAT registration will be available. I am unsure when exactly this will happen, but it should be some time in advance (December or January). If you want, I would be happy to make a note to post the date in this thread and tag you when it's announced.

More people chose to schedule in the first few hours of the first day of registration than at any other time because seats fill up fast. To prevent the system from crashing (remember the system crash disaster when Obamacare first came out?), you open up that page and they'll tell you when it's your turn to enter the system. That's a minor point though that you don't need to think about until the time. Get to the registration page at the time spring MCAT registration becomes available in February and you'll see what I mean.

Does this make sense? How can we help or clarify further?
Thank you! That was very clear! No need to notify me, but thank you I will check periodically and I have also turned on notifs from AAMC's twitter page. Thank you SOOO much! You are appreciated!

• Love
Thank you! That was very clear! No need to notify me, but thank you I will check periodically and I have also turned on notifs from AAMC's twitter page. Thank you SOOO much! You are appreciated!

I never knew they had a Twitter page. I just might sign up for Twitter for that. :)

Bringing back this thread. Is a late July result extremely late? Exam would be before by I think I might need to apply around August 1 to have everything set, idk I'm underinformed and think I'll need time in the summer to study for the MCAT cause I have a busy Spring coming up where I'll get minimal studying done.

My top 2 school choices is my state MD and DO schools if that matters.

The DO cycle is longer and August should be fine for them. With your state MD school, the SDN wisdom I have heard before is to get your AMCAS and transcripts turned as soon as you are able around 6/1. Only apply to one school at that time: one that you wouldn't want to go to or wouldbe unlikelyto get accepted at. The point of that is to get verified (transcript verification, etc.). Then, if you are satisfied with your MCAT score, you can add on your state MD school and any other MD schools you care to add if you change your mind and want to add more. If things don't go as planned with the MCAT and you don't do as well as necessary and need to retake and apply the following year, then you aren't a reapplicant at the schools you are competitive for. There is a bias to being a reapplicant that one wants to avoid if possible.

@LizzyM Do you have a moment to kindly confirm what I just said is true so @Amino Base has the comfort of an expert opinion? I don't want to accidentally lead them wrong.

• Love
The DO cycle is longer and August should be fine for them. With your state MD school, the SDN wisdom I have heard before is to get your AMCAS and transcripts turned as soon as you are able around 6/1. Only apply to one school at that time: one that you wouldn't want to go to or wouldbe unlikelyto get accepted at. The point of that is to get verified (transcript verification, etc.). Then, if you are satisfied with your MCAT score, you can add on your state MD school and any other MD schools you care to add if you change your mind and want to add more. If things don't go as planned with the MCAT and you don't do as well as necessary and need to retake and apply the following year, then you aren't a reapplicant at the schools you are competitive for. There is a bias to being a reapplicant that one wants to avoid if possible.

@LizzyM Do you have a moment to kindly confirm what I just said is true so @Amino Base has the comfort of an expert opinion? I don't want to accidentally lead them wrong.
Thank you for informing me. I'll try to follow this plan.

Bringing back this thread. Is a late July result extremely late? Exam would be before by I think I might need to apply around August 1 to have everything set, idk I'm underinformed and think I'll need time in the summer to study for the MCAT cause I have a busy Spring coming up where I'll get minimal studying done.

My top 2 school choices is my state MD and DO schools if that matters.
No, that would not be late. It takes time for AMCAS to verify your primary application; for reference, July 10th was the first day that AMCAS sent processed applications to medical school this year. You can submit your AMCAS primary before MCAT scores are received, and then most schools send out secondaries without screening anyways. If you want to be reviewed ASAP, you'd want to have your MCAT score by the time you submit your secondary. Goal post for applying "early" is often Labor Day.

No, that would not be late. It takes time for AMCAS to verify your primary application; for reference, July 10th was the first day that AMCAS sent processed applications to medical school this year. You can submit your AMCAS primary before MCAT scores are received, and then most schools send out secondaries without screening anyways. If you want to be reviewed ASAP, you'd want to have your MCAT score by the time you submit your secondary. Goal post for applying "early" is often Labor Day.

Ok, I really appreciate the information. I'm definitely going to set aside time to try and pre-write some parts of the app if and whatnot as well as dig through online resources better to understand what to expect. I really appreciate this!

My one concern is the competing need to study for the MCAT and to write a good application (personal statment and activity descriptions). Otherwise, the plan to apply to a throw-away in advance of taking the MCAT is a tried and true method of getting it all done.
Just keep in mind that everything, including letters of recommendation and secondaries should be delivered by Labor Day (first Monday in September).

Reactions: 1 users
My one concern is the competing need to study for the MCAT and to write a good application (personal statment and activity descriptions). Otherwise, the plan to apply to a throw-away in advance of taking the MCAT is a tried and true method of getting it all done.
Just keep in mind that everything, including letters of recommendation and secondaries should be delivered by Labor Day (first Monday in September).
Thank you, will do my best! I have written a personal statement already (will revise over time) and may pre-write some essays during the spring as well.

Arrgggg. I wish this was made more clear on the AAMC website. I think I spent one hour trying to find out that registration doesn't open until February. Does anybody know what day registration opens in February? For anybody else looking for the AAMC fine print here is the link. MCAT Registration and Scheduling in 2021

Arrgggg. I wish this was made more clear on the AAMC website. I think I spent one hour trying to find out that registration doesn't open until February. Does anybody know what day registration opens in February? For anybody else looking for the AAMC fine print here is the link. MCAT Registration and Scheduling in 2021
I've been following their twitter and they haven't stated a specific date just yet.

@AAMC_MCAT if you want to follow.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it possible to get March registration dates anymore? Back in November we were not sure about March test date but now would want to see if we can get March 26th. Otherwise, just wondering if we will get April 10th date if the seats fill up in few hours. We are ready to drive 100-150 miles for March 26th date but nothing available.