mcat resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burlingame.2

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the mcat in aug. What are the best resources to use in combination with the Kaplan course? Are there any good books that would be of benifit? Also, how are the aamc tests online? Are they a must buy? Thank you and good luck to all.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Prep courses will help to guide you; but they wont spoon feed you. You have to do all the work.

Check out the thread on "wut are some good books to use on the mcat"...i have listed the books that have helped me.

burlingame.2 said:
I will be taking the mcat in aug. What are the best resources to use in combination with the Kaplan course? Are there any good books that would be of benifit? Also, how are the aamc tests online? Are they a must buy? Thank you and good luck to all.

:laugh:
If you prepare exclusively from the kaplan books, it shouldn't hurt your score. Do whatever they have to offer and yes the AAMC tests are a must do ... kaplan has all the tests in their library (but not the R version, the older versions) and they don't have 7 either.

They have great resources, but as thekegalman said, they won't spoonfeed you. You will have to study on your own and if you are having difficulty with the concepts then attack the books.