Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MCAT results

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by awadk, Oct 23, 2000.

1. awadk

awadk New Member

I just got my MCATs back and I'm unsure what they mean. I did well in the sciences (12 for bio and 11 physics), but I got a 7 in verbal which is strange since I was most confident in that section and since I'm an english major. I went to my pre-med committee and of course they were not encouraging.

Should I be worried about a 7 in verbal?

I go to Boston College, my overall cum is 3.54 and my science is 3.37.

So am I a competitive applicant? I'm not really interested in getting into a top tier school but I'd like to get into a good med. school if possible.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You know, I took the Kaplan course and they told us that the "english major" types usually kick butt in verbal and stall in the sciences and vice versa for us "science majors". So much for that theory, eh? I think it's great that you did so well in the sciences (I haven't gotten my scores yet...I hope I do as well as you!!) [​IMG] Try to stay positive and hopefully everything will work out! Good Luck!

4. awadk

awadk New Member

Hey thanks! I hope you do well too! :)