mcat retake date on the primary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salim4056

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i tok the mcat on july 6 and my results come for it on august 9. Howveer, I plan to submit my primary tomorrow. I noticed in the primary app it says anticapted mcat date or most recent mcat date. I put July 6 in that. Now, my question is when I get my scores on august 9, if I get bad scores I will be retaking mcats in september. But My primary would be in by then, so how do I update on primary i AM retaking mcats in september? Even right now, it wont let me add a anticipated mcat date once I put july 6, it wont let me add another date. So yeah if you guys can clear up my confusion that would be great. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You cannot put another re-take date down. Only one at a time.

If and when you get your new score and you decide to register... then I would consider applying for a re-take then.

Med schools will hold your application until the score release date of the last test date you enter, so you don't want to enter a September MCAT date until you're sure you need to take it again. But once you get the score back, if you need to update the AMCAS application by designating another date, it will be possible to change the Primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok so for now I just indicate july 6 on the primary right? and once i get my scores back and I decide to take another test in september I can indicate it on the primary despite it being submitted already right?

If you need to take it again after August 9th, I would suggest taking a year off instead of cramming your studying into one month and having a late application.