May 27, 2009
Status
Hi - I took the MCAT last year and got over 30 but wanted to retake it June 17 because I took orgo I, II, and bio 2 this year. Will this delay my AMCAS application?

whoknows2012

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
yes...your amcas will not be verified until the results are in. If you submit as early as possible then there will be minimal delay and you will still be considered an early applicant, albeit slightly later than than the early birds

whoknows2012

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I believe something like June 4th or June 10th something like that...whenever the application becomes available

Mar 15, 2010
Orlando/Tally, FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Hi - I took the MCAT last year and got over 30 but wanted to retake it June 17 because I took orgo I, II, and bio 2 this year. Will this delay my AMCAS application?
Considering that some colleges put a value on date of application, I'd apply with the 30.

If you don't get in this year, you will have plenty of time to retake the MCAT.

I speak from experience, as this delayed my application last year. I did not get in last year...but did get in this year with the same stats.

littlejuan

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
yes...your amcas will not be verified until the results are in. If you submit as early as possible then there will be minimal delay and you will still be considered an early applicant, albeit slightly later than than the early birds

No, this is not true. You do not need to have you MCAT score submitted for your AMCAS to be verified. Though, schools will not consider your application complete until you have all your scores in.

I suggest you submit your AMCAS application as soon as possible so that you can get the verification out of the way. Once you receive your MCAT scores, make sure they show up on your AMCAS application, and they should be forwarded automatically to the schools you listed.

Since schools don't start receiving primary applications till early July, you will still be considered early.

Apr 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
No, this is not true. You do not need to have you MCAT score submitted for your AMCAS to be verified. Though, schools will not consider your application complete until you have all your scores in.

I suggest you submit your AMCAS application as soon as possible so that you can get the verification out of the way. Once you receive your MCAT scores, make sure they show up on your AMCAS application, and they should be forwarded automatically to the schools you listed.

Since schools don't start receiving primary applications till early July, you will still be considered early.
I agree...you app can be verified without the mcat score, but will not be evaluated by schools until you receive the score. I agree that if you got above a 30, you should go on and apply with that score unless you are severely lacking in another aspect of your app. One thing to keep in mind...if you apply in June with the 30 and indicate that you will be retaking, some schools may give you an interview based on the 30 if they want to. I never thought this was possible, but I took the mcat last May, decided to retake, and received an interview invitation from Tufts before my retake score even arrived.