MCAT retakers: Prep course or self-study???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyau03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan to retake my MCAT next April 2004 and would like to know if I should take a prep course (I took Kaplan the first time, wasn't too satisfied w/ them) or I should just study on my own? Which prep course do you recommend? Kaplan, PrincetonReview or ExamCrackers? What study guides/materials did you find most effective? I will be doing a post-bac program this upcoming academic year and when do you think I should start studying for it? Late Oct-early Nov? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!! :love: Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You've been through a course once, and from what you say, didn't get that much out of it. What would you expect if you repeated a different course? It's all going to come down to you anyway. Even if the class you take has the greatest teachers you could imagine, you've already put enough time into preparing that time in class might be wasted time.

You are probably better off hitting up eBay after Saturday to pick up material people are dumping. Get a set schedule and if there's a topic that troubles you, hire a tutor to go over problem solving in that area.

Hi Mudd,

Thank you very much for the input. I really appreciate it!

So, what test prep materials do you recommend? I took Kaplan the first time, used the Flowers & Slivers books and did the AAMC practice exams. Have you heard anything about ExamCrackers 101? I don't know what are the good stuffs on the market so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks. :)