MCAt Review Book: Examkrackers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikeshp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to buy a review book, Examkrackers Complete Study Package has the best reviews on the internet so I decided to buy this one. Anything I should know before I purchase it? I don't plan on taking any classes, just reviewing by myself and doing practice MCATs. I also dont plan on buying any other books, anything I feel bad about after reading this book, I will just read online or a textbook or something, but I will mainly just use this to do my studying, which seemed to work for a lot of people. Good or bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

About to buy a review book, Examkrackers Complete Study Package has the best reviews on the internet so I decided to buy this one. Anything I should know before I purchase it? I don't plan on taking any classes, just reviewing by myself and doing practice MCATs. I also dont plan on buying any other books, anything I feel bad about after reading this book, I will just read online or a textbook or something, but I will mainly just use this to do my studying, which seemed to work for a lot of people. Good or bad idea?
not a bad idea as long as you can supplement it with your textbooks/internet.

I know there are probably plenty of topics on this subject, but I plan on only using this book and supplementing with text books and such that I feel I need more information on. I know a lot of people have had problems with this book, would anyone else care to elaborate?

I want to do the exact same thing as nikeshp. Out of curiosity how long do you think you're going to give yourself before taking the real thing?

Would three months of studying the examkrackers complete study package be enough to prepare decently for an mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they have a 10 week study program in their book, so three months should be good. However, honestly, I am waiting until June 1 when I start research, but at home I am bored out of my mind so I thought I would get an early start. I just finished my freshman year, so I will probably take it sometime next summer.

I know they have a 10 week study program in their book, so three months should be good. However, honestly, I am waiting until June 1 when I start research, but at home I am bored out of my mind so I thought I would get an early start. I just finished my freshman year, so I will probably take it sometime next summer.

If you've just finished freshman year, you haven't taken any of the premed classes besides maybe gen chem right? You're preparing real early. I'm worried enough that I'll have trouble since I'm not taking bio until next semester (just finishing junior year).

And yeah I saw their 10 week program. I'll probably give that a try (also in between doing research at school) and see how it goes.

AP credit, so I have everything I need besides Physics 2.
Really mainly need bio, because Im not sure how much I remember from junior year high school.

I have been using the Examkrackers Complete Study Guide since January and I'm almost done reading all the books. I recommend it, but i dont know how its going to pay off yet since i take the MCAT May 31st:scared: I am also using EK 101 passages and the verbal tests seem very hard. Hopefully i can stop getting 8's :(