MCAT Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ciestar

All grown up!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would highly recommend the TPRH Science workbook. It has a good set of discretes and practice passages for each chapter that are more realistic than TBR, in my opinion.

TPRH Science Workbook is gold IMO. I feel like it prepared me well for the experimental passages that no other prep company focuses on. For reference I tried Kaplan, TPR, and TBR for the sciences and I loved the Science Workbook. It also has a lot of free-standing questions in the beginning of each section that I used to review the weekend before my test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I've been searching online a lot for one of those.
I need to buy the last two EK 1001 books, and SOMETHING for organic review.
I took it very recently and did decently well in it so I'm looking for a less overly detailed approach

EK is your best bet if you want less detailed. Just an FYI I saw very little Orgo on my MCAT, but others have said they got 3 passages plus free-standing questions, so don't skimp on it.

I didn't think the EK 1001 series were worth it. Especially the Bio one, since the MCAT doesn't tests application rather than mindless details. The physics 1001 didn't help me either :/

Entire first post is my new original post. Give insight, again, please? :(

So do you mean you're using TBR bio for content? or practice? and why are you debating between EK bio and TPRH SW? For bio, I would highly recommend TPR Biology Review for content, and a mixture of TBR and TPRH SW for passages. EK bio is an okay substitute, but I read both and felt like TPR Bio was much better.

Everything else looks good so far. The O-chem is up to you. I would suggest TBR, although it is a bit of a longer read, it does have really good passages with it. I felt like o-chem in the MCAT was fairly easy, so I usually just skimmed the chapter and spent most of the time on passages.

I would also recommend getting the TPRH science workbook not just for bio practice, but to supplement other areas as well. It is a very valuable resource. I personally didn't like the EK 1001 books (I used the g-chem and physics one for the first few weeks), and I think you would be much better off to use TPRH SW discretes instead. However if you have a decent understanding of the material, discretes are not the best use of your time, it's all about more passages!