MCAT Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I am not taking the MCAT until next April, but I have used this summer to review a little gen chem. I bought the Flowers and Silver Princeton Review book. Is this a good book? What is this Examcrackers book people are talking about?

Members don't see this ad.

So far, from what I've heard, ExamKrackers are getting pretty good reviews around the forums. I'm using the big fat Kaplan MCAT Comprehensive Review Book for studying. I think the TPR one is good. I looked at it a couple times before, but found it somewhat similar to Kaplan's.

I suck in verbal, so I'm thinking of picking up the ExamKracker book on Verbal. Here's there website: www.examkrackers.com

I personally do not think any one company has the best MCAT review materials. One company may have the best physics, while another has the best chemistry and so on. I fear putting up an opinion, because I can't believe how personal many of the people here take the comments about courses. Never the less, here's my $0.02.

I have tutored (privately and for two different companies) for a few years and seen most all of the materials. I think the best general chemistry by far is from Berkeley Review. It has both the best passages and the a solid conceptual review. It is the only book I've seen that emphasizes how to think about the material rather than just listing paragraphs of information. If you have the time to absorb the material, you will be happy with what you get. If you don't have a few months to digest it, don't get it.