MCAT Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noeljan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a question. What are some review books for the MCAT. When I say review I mean just review. No practice tests. What are good ones and where can I get them

Members don't see this ad.

TPR prepared me EXTREMELY well. It might be a little too detailed, but that can only help you. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay or Half.com, but I just looked for you and they didn't have anything. Just don't get anything before 1998 or 1999. Good luck.

Actually TPR complains if you sell anything on Ebay! They'll close the auction. Try to buy on SDN or from a friend.

Kaplan's big red book (a.k.a. Kaplan MCAT Comprehensive Review) was very helpful. I found all the info needed for MCAT was in there. The format is very easy to follow. Anybody can make a case for TPR, BR, Kaplan, or Examkrackers because they are all great test prep companies. Yet the key to success on the MCAT is not which book you choose but starting early and studying reguluarly. 2-3 months before MCAT you better have your concepts down and do nothing but practice passages and tests leading up to the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys/girls:)
This may sound like a silly question, but if I am taking the MCAT next Aug, would it be too early to start studying now(I have to take Ochem) I just want to make sure I have it all in my brain, besides the fact that I also have my nursing boards next May.
Well let me know what you think.
If anyone has PR books for sale let me know.

I think it's silly to start that early, but it's really an individual decision -- what works best for you. You know your study habits the best. I started studying about 10 weeks before the test and did fine.