MCAT schedule not on track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timedodyssey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I decided to follow the 3 month MCAT schedule. However, I've been working full time and have found I could not keep up with the schedule. I'm currently on Day 27/59.

Should I reschedule my test, which is on August 2?

Or should I just write it and see how it goes? I was thinking of booking another session right after August 2 for September, so that by the time I get results back I can cancel if I'm satisfied with the results.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Don't sweat it for now. Take a couple AAMC FL's. If you're hitting your target score, take the exam. If you're not close to your target, save the rest of the AAMC FL's and delay the test.

My two cents, MCAT should only be taken once. If your not there (30+) don't take it. Too many people rush the test. In my opinion, and from reading anecdotal evidence, the MCAT is something that can be improved on with time, as long as you're studying properly. Which, is a whole other discussion.

I went through the 3-month plan in about two months, I just rarely took a break day and did double duty more often than not. It's not so bad, whenever i got behind I would do chapters that I knew were my strength and try to knock out a few in a day. My AAMC average has been 35-36 doing it this way, test on tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! Also could I ask a bit of insight for what 3 month schedule you condensed (sn2ed?) and what books you used?

I'm looking at a sept 12th exam date, and was planning on a 3 month study plan but have lost ~2 weeks due to unforeseen circumstances. On track now, but not sure on whether to focus on BR books + EK verbal or my Kaplan online course for the remaining 2.5 months..

I used the Sn2ed plan but focused more on TBR Biology than EK Biology. Also, did not buy the EK 1001 series.

Just to reiterate- the only way to answer this question is to take a practice test or two. Consistently in the thirties? take the test. Scoring low? re-schedule. People take different amounts of prep to succeed on the MCAT, you will need to see where you're at.

Survivor DO