Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MCAT Science Content Outline - Free

Discussion in 'Next Step MCAT Tutor Office Hours (Sponsored)' started by Next Step Tutor, 09.29.14.

1. Next Step Tutor

Next Step Tutor MCAT Guru 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN
    Sponsor
    Hey everyone! I've taken the official AAMC Content Outline and re-arranged and simplified it (attached here as a PDF). I think this content arrangement is much simpler for guiding your studies. Hope it helps! :)

Attached Files:

2. Knight_Bird23

Knight_Bird23 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is great!

Thank you!

3. Perseverance '13

Perseverance '13 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank You Very much....it really breaks everything down and makes it a little easier to grasp

4. the.dude.

the.dude.

Pre-Medical
    Thank you so much for this resource. Is there any way you could post this as a document as well? This would make it easier to add some notes under each topic.

5. NextStepTutor_2

NextStepTutor_2 MCAT Tutor Exhibitor 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    Hi @the.dude. If you check online, there is some great freeware you can use (i.e. OpenOffice) that allows you to open .pdf files as .doc files than then edit/save as you like.

Good luck!

6. tjos

tjos

Pre-Medical
    Thank you so much for this! It's incredibly helpful and must have taken a lot of time to put together. When trying to use freeware to convert the PDF to Word, I'm consistently getting a message that this isn't possible because the PDF is password-protected. Would it be possible to get an unsecured version of the PDF or a Word document? Thank you!

7. NextStepTutor_2

NextStepTutor_2 MCAT Tutor Exhibitor 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    SDN
    Exhibitor
    Hi @tjos, there may be free online .pdf programs available to help you with this issue.

8. TastyFury

TastyFury HungryGummyBear 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Woo thank you, was hoping there would be something like this!

9. Kanchu

Kanchu

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi guys,

For those of you that have already finished taking the MCAT, what books helped you? What online study sites do you recommend? What study materials are good?

I am someone who needs hours and hours of practice to get better. I have never been able to "just do it" without much practice. Let me know how you studied, the books you used, and anything that helped you.

Thank you!