mcat science strategies?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

square

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me your advice as to how to best go about approaching the science sections of the mcat. i'm flatlining at 8's and i want to be comforatably in double digit range come april. what are your techniques, approaches, strategies???? what has helped you get over the hump???? thanks!

abiff

Members don't see this ad.

get the princeton review science materials... the gen chem and physics in there are very well explained and precise. i used their study material exclusively for the sciences and felt well prepared...
good luck

get the AAMC practice items that are availabe throught their website (~$100), do all of those passages, problems, and tests. If you take a review course from kaplan or princeton then they will provide access to those practice items. best of luck

I second that you should get the Princeton Review mcat prep books. The Gen Chem/PHY book was amazing and I did very well in the Physics section even after having a tough time with that class in college. I also got ahold of the Kaplan Bio book which I thought was great. Take notes on the key points of what you read and then review them...you can't go wrong if you bring this info to the test. Also do tons of practice questions, nothing will be straightforward except the few disreet questions. The Princeton Practice Workbook has many practice passages and helped me a lot. Good luck!