MCAT score--April/Aug...applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morganlefay

hanging in there
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I took the April MCAT and got a 26Q. I took the August one last week in hopes that I'd improve, which I think I did. I feel pretty confident about it. I was wondering if a reliable source, or anyone with experience, could let me know the chances of my getting an interview, etc, with the score I have now. I have already submitted my AMCAS, and applied to schools with an average class profile of 29-30 on the MCAT. My GPA is good (3.6), and I've got lots of research and extra-curricular experience, I'm an accomplished writer, etc....

So I'm rambling on, but I guess I just need to get an idea of what kind of candidate I am. One last thing; if a section of the MCAT is rediculously hard ::cough:: PS form FM ::cough::, then will the curve generally be generous!?

Appreciate any advice or comments,
Aliye

Members don't see this ad.

If you're 3.6 and 30, you're about the average matriculated applicant. Apply to a wide range of schools and your chances are good. If a test form has many hard questions, your score will definitely reflect that in the form of a higher score.

I'm sure you kicked major butt on the august exam...you'll be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
I can give you your pat on the head as well. Just as long as you did better on this MCAT than April's, you'll be fine. If you didn't improve than I would start to worry. But that doesn't look like the case here.

I appreciate very much the advice and kind words.....I definitely hope that's the case! I will keep updating, and hope to discuss with all of you as the application process continues!

I've got three secondaries now, what have other people gotten so far? I made the mistake of waiting til the last week in July to submit the AMCAS, and the my transcripts were late in arriving, so my app just became active last week. ARGH. School politics. Anyway, I'm plugging along. I've found the hardest thing is to stay on top of ppl writing letters of rec., they just need prodding all the time! :p

Best of luck to all,
Aliye

good luck. just apply to more schools than average and you'll be bound to get into somewhere!

Thanks! I applied to 11, and will be applying to 5-6 more after Aug MCAT scores arrive.

I really hope it goes well. This forum scares me sometimes; esp. with all the horror stories of solid applicants that don't get in. ::hyperventilates::

I think I'll be ok ;)