MCAT Score Came In, but I'm worried I submitted late! (GPA 3.9, MCAT 520)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deweystrontium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a rising senior and I attend a top 20 institution. My GPA is 3.91.

My MCAT scores come out next month, but I know I'll prob get above the 90th percentile (On all three AAMC practice exams I was above the 95th (I took them under test-like conditions), so assuming the worst, I still think I'll be above 90th).

EDIT: My scores came in an I got a 520.

I'm worried about my extracurriculars and volunteering hours and clinical experience. This is what I have and I'm worried it's not enough. Also, I have never done a research fellowship before, since I live so close by to my school. All my research as been at that school and I have extensive hours and am third author on a paper. Hopefully, I get another paper soon (in the coming weeks).

These are my hours:

Outpatient shadowing: 60 hours
Clinic volunteering (database department): 50 hours
Clinic volunteering (at hospice): 150 hours
Leading that program that helps URM high school students: 200 hours
Working on various on-campus undergrad science publications: 100 hours
Research experience (in high school but at the uni I attend): 1000 hours
Research experience (in undergrad so far): 1000 hours

I'm expected to do a lot more research my senior year so I can finish my master's thesis. I've not won any research fellowships and I never needed funding, since my PIs usually paid me for my work. What are my chances? Am I lacking clinical work? Does hospice count as clinical work? What do I do?

EDIT: I might as well include the rest of my ECs:

School student' gov: 100 hours
School's investing club: 100 hours
Volunteering at various science outreach programs for middle schoolers and highschoolers: 50 hours
Physics tutor (very important, since the interactions I had in this EC form the basis of my personal statement): 200 hours

I'm also an ORM, if that helps. Also, I submitted late in the cycle (June 30th). I'm still waiting on verification since it's taking so long, but I'm prewriting secondaries and I've completed secondaries for schools that don't require verification. Will this affect my chances significantly?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m no expert but ima guess you’re top 10 material and June 30 is not late at all