Quantcast

MCAT SCORE good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDaisie

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi guys,

I got my MCAT scores back today and received a 29. Biological sciences was 11. Physical sciences was 8. Verbal reasoning was 10.

My GPA is 3.62 and sciences is 3.67. I have volunteering hours and extracirriulars. What do you think are my chances of getting into a Medical School and how many should I apply to to be on the safe side?

Thanks!

Hotshy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got my MCAT scores back today and received a 29. Biological sciences was 11. Physical sciences was 8. Verbal reasoning was 10.

My GPA is 3.62 and sciences is 3.67. I have volunteering hours and extracirriulars. What do you think are my chances of getting into a Medical School and how many should I apply to to be on the safe side?

Thanks!

Apply to about 15 schools, pick state schools and those where the Median MCAT scores are lower (Drexel for Example).

An acceptance is possible, but It's not incredibly likely. 3.62 and and 29 MCAT are both below the national average of matriculating students.

notbobtrustme

Crux Terminatus
Removed
Reaction score
Apply to about 15 schools, pick state schools and those where the Median MCAT scores are lower (Drexel for Example).

An acceptance is possible, but It's not incredibly likely. 3.62 and and 29 MCAT are both below the national average of matriculating students.

Average is a composite of students above and below that average. Those scores are right in line with the average. Assuming the rest of the application is in place, the OP can expect several interviews.

OTOH, a higher MCAT never hurts. It's a question of risk; do you risk getting a lower score and putting off adcoms...