MCAT score prediction thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As others requested....

First who all is taking it next week...eek really it's amost only a week???

Someone post a list.

Members don't see this ad.

that better NOT be predictions on my exam, or it better not be anything near the truth :(

Psycho Doctor said:
that better NOT be predictions on my exam, or it better not be anything near the truth :(

Pinker was just posting an example of how to anti-jinx yourself. She wasn't predicting your score because everyone just predicts their own; we generally don't predict other people's in these threads 'cause we don't know enough about them and it's shady for the karma :cool:

I predict: 0 0 0 L for this examination, since I am not taking it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Off topic but that Friday is the 13th why does weird stuff like that always surround the mcat dates. When I got my scores it was 6/15/2004 add 'um all up 6,6,6 (by the way that's not a score prediction on my part) in that regard we'll wait and see. Good luck all.

kiahs said:
Off topic but that Friday is the 13th why does weird stuff like that always surround the mcat dates. When I got my scores it was 6/15/2004 add 'um all up 6,6,6 (by the way that's not a score prediction on my part) in that regard we'll wait and see. Good luck all.

Actually, it happened that way because I sold my soul to the devil for a 30+ score. But he backed out on the deal when he went into cahoots with his henchmen to have the scores released at 11:15p on June 14th. Satan even sent cryptic teasing messages to us via computer as the scores were uploaded. Who remembers:

April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June...
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June... yes, the message just changed.
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June... putting the finishing touches on them now.
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June... in about 15 minutes.
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June... in about 5 minutes.
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in mid-June... 537 left to go.
April 2004 MCAT scores will be available in two minutes.

Bam.

I passed out after the second message and woke up to find that Satan had kept his end of the bargain after all, and was just having some fun messing with all of us.

Psycho Doctor said:

Oh no, that wasn't any prediction for you, just an example of anti jinxing like cheese said, basically the belief that the lower you predict the better you will do.

Psycho Doc, are you a girl?

ok to bring this back on topis
every sdn member will get a bonus +3 on the MCAT
that has been proven
let u huddle like a big happy family!

i love the predication thread right after the mcat. youd think that the average SDN score was a 24.

reallY? so everyone is convinced they did terribly?? hopefully the happy ending is that the average is really a 36...???

psycho, how come you have never posted your progress or predictions?

when someone specifically requested (moosepilot, i believe) i did post my progress. however i generally refrain from posting my scores or stats in anything.

and predictions...i have no idea. yea i could use the average of my scores from the first time i took AAMC 5R, 6R and 7, but throw nerves into there and it could be a totally different scenario.

and what are your predictions?

yikes!! that is really high, but i guess most of the people here are pretty obsessive

Psycho Doctor said:
reallY? so everyone is convinced they did terribly?? hopefully the happy ending is that the average is really a 36...???

I was convinced that I screwed up PS. Right after that section I was telling myself, "It's only one section, you can just do well on the other two and you'll be fine!" I feel kind of silly about freaking out about that now.

But when you finish you only remember the problems you had trouble with, so I guess it makes sense that everyone thinks they did terribly.

Kazema said:
I was convinced that I screwed up PS. Right after that section I was telling myself, "It's only one section, you can just do well on the other two and you'll be fine!" I feel kind of silly about freaking out about that now.

But when you finish you only remember the problems you had trouble with, so I guess it makes sense that everyone thinks they did terribly.

I was the opposite. I couldn't remember one damn thing from PS, which I thought I bombed (or at least, crapped). On the contrary, I could remember almost everything from BS, which I knew I had done well in. Nothing from verbal, either, which I couldn't gauge. I ended up doing better in biology than the other two. I guess I blocked them out of my memory :laugh: But the funny thing is, I got a higher score on PS than verbal, and I would have thought it was the other way around from my feelings during the test, so you never know.l

ifailedmcat said:
Average for April 2004 was 31-32, but the people who posted first on SDN were the ones who made 35+ :eek:.

Average for April 2004 was a 31-32? Really? Is this the average of SDN people?

MDtoBe777 said:
Average for April 2004 was a 31-32? Really? Is this the average of SDN people?
31/32 ounds about right for the thread I saw posted when the scores came out. Not many people posted with low scores, so the average was way up there. The actual average for all testers in the April 2004 MCAT was 25.