MCAT score predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It will be amusing to pull up this thread in late May.

You can use my format if you so choose.

Verbal 14
PS 12
BS 12
Writing R
TOTAL 38R

Members don't see this ad.

drguy22 said:
i dunno...i had to guess on 15 physics questions.....so there i think i got an 8

on the VR section....i had two plato and aristoltle questions is a row...there i think i got an 8

on the bio...its was ok..so i think i got a 10........:( 26:(

Did you get form Dk because I am expecting something along that line, I mean with respect to the scores you posted. PS 8 VR 8 BS 10.

Nuel said:
Did you get form Dk because I am expecting something along that line, I mean with respect to the scores you posted. PS 8 VR 8 BS 10.

Guys, don't torture yourself with this. We will know for certain in 2 days, until then nothing we do matters:)

Nuel said:

so does it matter to them what form we got? i had that one too i think and it sucked! the physical science section was pretty ridiculous. it made me want to cry. will there be a curve that reflects that our form sucked more than the others? :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
you know, i just went back and read this thread all the way from the beginning...and its hilarious!!! :laugh:

even if you did well on practice tests, i still can't believe how many peeps were "predicting" scores of 14 or 15 for individual sections! that's like saying, "yeah, i honestly only think i missed 1, maybe 2 questions on the whole section." that's a pretty ballsy statement.

if i said sh.t like that, i know the karma gods would smite my ass with a 23. there's really no question about it. :D

i'm not saying these people won't score in the 40's, but to EXPECT it just seems odd to me. :confused:

superdevil said:
you know, i just went back and read this thread all the way from the beginning...and its hilarious!!! :laugh:

even if you did well on practice tests, i still can't believe how many peeps were "predicting" scores of 14 or 15 for individual sections! that's like saying, "yeah, i honestly only think i missed 1, maybe 2 questions on the whole section." that's a pretty ballsy statement.

if i said sh.t like that, i know the karma gods would smite my ass with a 23. there's really no question about it. :D

i'm not saying these people won't score in the 40's, but to EXPECT it just seems odd to me. :confused:

I think the karma gods SHOULD smite these people.

Nuel said:

NO i got form fK...wat that a hard one or wat!!!!!!! :eek: :confused:

I will give this a try. My best score under timed conditions similar to the real thing was 8,8,10 two weeks out on 5R. So im going to say 9,8,10. I thought I did ok on Ps and I worked the night before I took the practice MCAT and didnt get home until 12. So Being tired on the practice day I thought I would do a litlle better on test day. I took 6R sunday afternoon with the neighbors fixing their fence. Hammering in my ear the whole afternoon and I got 9,8,9. So I think I did a little better than a 26. Looks like I will retake as well. Bill

im gonna say
PS- anywhere from 2-15
VR- anywhere from 2-15
BS- anywhere from 2-15

i guarrantee im the only one whos not surprised come the 15th :)

Well, I got a 35 on a practice test, but I also got a 29... so I am hoping somewhere in between. Anywhere in that range will take me where I want to go. But since I was averaging a 33, let's do it..

VR 11
PS 11
BS 11

I am hoping for anything between a 30 and a 33. I would be thrilled with a 10 or 11 in each section. I don't know why I was so calm the day of the test but I think I felt like I had achieved that goal, nothing better, nothing worse... however as judgment day approaches I find myself less and less sure. I keep having nightmares about 8's in PS. :(

lissa1217 said:
so does it matter to them what form we got? i had that one too i think and it sucked! the physical science section was pretty ridiculous. it made me want to cry. will there be a curve that reflects that our form sucked more than the others? :luck:

Form DK was one of the hardest forms out there. So what if we get: PS 15 (due to the curve fo shizzy :D) VR 10 BS 13 WS R? Is this good enough? Or we wallow in PS 8 VR 8 BS 10 :( ?

Members don't see this ad :)
stinkycheese said:
I am hoping for anything between a 30 and a 33. I would be thrilled with a 10 or 11 in each section. I don't know why I was so calm the day of the test but I think I felt like I had achieved that goal, nothing better, nothing worse... however as judgment day approaches I find myself less and less sure. I keep having nightmares about 8's in PS. :(

I was as calm as dead sleepy baby even though the PS was trying to throw me off at 9 am in the morning. But I think I am got my ass whupped. As hour rolls by I feel my score is worse and worse.

I was as calm as dead sleepy baby

rofl. I felt pretty calm on MCAT day, and pretty confident going into the test. Coming out I was a torn and battered man, but my spirits were high. Every day that passes I fear the worst. Maybe I had that physics concept backwards...maybe I confused organic synthesis....MAYBE I BUBBLED WRONG OH GOD!@!*(

oh, my score predictions:

PS: 9
VR: 11
BS: 10

At least if you bubbled wrong, you probably bubbled your name & stuff wrong, too. So the score won't accrue to you!

You all did better than you thought but didn't do as well as you thought at times. Does that make sense? Like I thought I had scored around a 27 in Augest but a part of me thought I rocked it and would get a 36. I wound up with a 30.

Ok...

Now everyone quote their original reply to this topic and let's see how your prediction matched up with your actual score. I want to see responses because everyone predicted such high scores.

dnelsen, BTW, U Minn is among my top few choices because I'm originally from Eau Claire, WI and would like to move my family back closer to my parents (and my wife's). What's the deal with Minnesota's requirements? How did you fill them? PM me if you prefer.

liverotcod said:
dnelson, BTW, U Minn is among my top few choices because I'm originally from Eau Claire, WI and would like to move my family back closer to my parents (and my wife's). What's the deal with Minnesota's requirements? How did you fill them? PM me if you prefer.

pm sent

Oh and by the way...U of Minn rocks!

Doesn't seem like many people on this board are interested in the U of Minn though. It ranks pretty high for primary care but I guess it isn't high enough to warrant much attention from people out of state. Good for me :D

I predicted anywhere from a balanced 30 to a balanced 33 with the possibility of a horrible PS score. I got a 34: 11P 10V 13B

So you're not allowed to go to the bathroom during the test? Are they really strict?

Psycho Doctor said:
So you're not allowed to go to the bathroom during the test? Are they really strict?

Where did that come from?

Yes, you can go to the bathroom during the test...I think you just have to check with the proctor and they hold your exam until you get back. You don't get any extra time so any time you are gone = lost time.

IndyZX said:
ill play along...

what ill get if i hit what i perceive to be my potential... 13P, 12V, 12B (37, yay!!)
what i will probably get... 12P, 10-11V, 11B (33-34, yay.)
14P, 11V, 13B (38O, ****in' a)

Ah ok, cool. I thought people were complaining they couldn't go to the bathroom during the exam. That's ok about the lost time, how long could it possibly take to take a piss? And the rewards are worth it. Or do most people run out of time during the exam and need every second they have?

blz said:
Before Prediction:

13P 10V 13B

After Prediction:

13P 8V 13B

Let's hope I got lucky on verbal.

April 2004:

12P 11V 12B

lol, I guess I did get lucky in verbal. Pretty close in the sciences.

i refrained from making a prediction, because i knew that if i did, the Karma Gods would smite me and that no med school wants a freshly smoten applicant.

i'm jinx-proof, biatch!

liverotcod said:
From now on you must expect more from yourself. Great job, by the way!

dont you just love those posts a few months back that basically said anyone who felt good about their test will be in for a shock?

IndyZX said:

dont you just love those posts a few months back that basically said anyone who felt good about their test will be in for a shock?

I guess it didn't really bother me. I had, and have, a pretty good sense of where I'm at relative to the competition in this process. But, yeah, it was a little funny.

I actually enjoyed that to. Wasn't it something like, "Nobody can predict a score of over 35, there is too much luck involved. I don't think you people realize how rare high scores like that are. If you are expecting to score that high you will be in for a rude awakening." We call people like that "haters."

im not saying my score wasnt 75% luck, but if you feel confident going into the test and confident going out (we're talking cocky confidence here, not the "i think so" kind), then you probably gave it your best shot and youll be ok.

EvoDevo said:
32S (12V 9 P 11B)

Great work, EvoDevo! You beat your prediction by 6 points, that's really stomping it. Now, in business, you would be in trouble - underplanning is almost as bad as over - but hey, you're going to be a doc, not a CEO!

superdevil said:
i refrained from making a prediction, because i knew that if i did, the Karma Gods would smite me and that no med school wants a freshly smoten applicant.

i'm jinx-proof, biatch!

I was with you. I didn't want to predict and jinx myself. Plus the real test was totally opposite when compared to the Kaplan prep tests. In Kaplan the Physical Sciences was impossible, the Verbal was fairly difficult and the Bio was easy. On the real thing, the Physical Sciences was easy (finished with 20 minutes left), the Bio was difficult (too much immunology) and the Verbal was difficult. I didn't know if my practice scores were good indicators.