MCAT Score Release??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is probably a stupid question but I am confused about releasing MCAT scores. I took the test 2 years ago but I am just applying now - what do i need to do? Hmmm I will try looking at the MCAT site I guess...
Oh and when i took the test, I put down a couple of the Cali schools I assumed I would be applying to. Is there any way to see which schools I already released to or should I go ahead and do them all again to make sure?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe when you take the MCAT, they ask you to pick any NON AMCAS schools....all schools in Cali are AMCAS. The reason they ask you to name those schools (non AMCAS) is b/c they are helping you save some money by forwarding them for free. :)

Check to make sure.

Unless you did not release your scores i.e. specifically asked that they not be released, they will automatically be sent to all schools that you list on your AMCAS application. You also get to write them into your application, but of course the schools need the official AMCAS report of your scores as well. Tweetie is right, the only schools that you can put down at the time of the test are non-AMCAS schools.