1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MCAT score report

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Lachee, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Lachee

Lachee Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi All!

I will be applying to DO schools in Fall 2002 but am taking the AUG 18 MCAT this year. Should I send my score to DO schools now (as they are free with the exam) or do I have to wait until closer to the application period?

Thanks a lot.

Good Luck to all AUG MCAT takers!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

Application period for Fall 2002 admission started June 1st.

I'd get your primary (AACOMAS) application filled out and sent in ASAP. The link to the online version is here: AACOMAS Online Application .

On the day of the MCAT, send your scores to: 600 AACOMAS.

This way you application process can get started...

Good luck on the MCAT. Use the search option (upper right corner) for some MCAT tips (in this forum).

-A

4. Lachee

Lachee Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks Amra for the reply. I am so sorry that I have not made it clear in my original message that I will actually be applying in 2002 for the 2003 admission. I am taking the MCAT a little earlier than most others because I have to work and most days of the week and won't have time to do it when school starts.

Hence, I am still wondering if I can send the score report to various DO schools now (will they just throw it away?) or should I send it in later (i.e next June). I believe that if I do not ask for score report to specific schools on the test day and choose to send them later, I will be charged for them. Is it right, or am I totally off?

Thank you, once again for the help.

5. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

Hmm... that changes things a wee bit...

The starting date for application process for 2003 is June 1st, 2002. Rough timeline:

June 1st 2002 - earliest AACOM will accept primary application (you can fill it out earlier though)

July-August 2002 - fill out secondary applications

Sept 2002 - Jul 2003 - interview

MCAT scores are good for 3 years.. then they "expire." For example, I took the MCAT back in 1994 which was not eligable for this year application cycle. Hence, I had to re-do it in April 2001. I thought it was a fun way of spending a Sat afternoon... I plan on taking it again next April for fun (BTW, I am serious.. not sarcastic).

By taking your MCAT in 1.5 weeks you are successfully getting a jump start on your application process. Remember, you can only take it 3 times without getting a note from your Mom saying why '...johhnie or susie should take it a 4th time...' (THAT is sarcasm). If you want/need you have three dates avail to you (Aug 2001/Apr 2002/Aug 2002) which can be used for the 2003 class.

To goto a thread about the MCAT, click here.

Some advice I may give... take an afternoon and work on a MASTER PLAN for getting into medical school. Look at all the factors that the adcomms are looking for and work them into you life. Some of these could include: MCAT, GPA, Volunteer Work, Leadership Roles, Research, CLinical Experience, etc etc... This is what I worked on back in 1999 for the starting medical school in 2002. TBH, I didnt follow the plan to a "T," however, it did help me get focused and stay on track overall.

Good luck and stick around these forums... Alot of nfo in here that your undergrad advisor doesnt impart...

-A

6. Lachee

Lachee Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks Amra :)

I hope in two years time I can "promote" myself from the pre-DO forum to the DO forum!