Iamdumb

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2006
Status
If I took the Apr 06 MCAT, my scores should be automatically released to all the schools that I am applying to right? Dartmouth and Columbia are asking me to send in my MCAT scores and I am wondering if I had to ask MCAT to resend them again?

Thanks.

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Are they loaded up on to your AMCAS? Some schools ask to make sure that they have the MCAT...but if it's listed on your AMCAS you should be good

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you look on the MCAT Thx screens it explains that all scores past a certain date ('03I think) are released to AMCAS automatically. If the scores are in your AMCAS you're fine.

OP
I

Iamdumb

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2006
Status
jackieMD2007 said:
If you look on the MCAT Thx screens it explains that all scores past a certain date ('03I think) are released to AMCAS automatically. If the scores are in your AMCAS you're fine.
Yeah, they are included in my AMCAS - I am just wondering why the schools bother to restate them separately and not assume that they'll come together with the AMCAS.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Because they probably haven't updated some of the forms on that secondary since 1983! :laugh:

Dov

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
CT
Status
Medical Student
Iamdumb said:
If I took the Apr 06 MCAT, my scores should be automatically released to all the schools that I am applying to right? Dartmouth and Columbia are asking me to send in my MCAT scores and I am wondering if I had to ask MCAT to resend them again?

Thanks.

Call the school to be sure

Teee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status
Iamdumb said:
Yeah, they are included in my AMCAS - I am just wondering why the schools bother to restate them separately and not assume that they'll come together with the AMCAS.
i am not sure but doesn't it say that if your mcat score is not included in your amcas, then submit it? i am pretty sure thats what i read...