MCAT score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone still waiting to get their score via snail mail? Anyone already get it via snail mail?
It's torturing me!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll have to second Dr.Octopus on that one, go ahead and churn out the money for those scores. 15 bucks wont amount to much in the long run (I've already got an expected 600+ bill for primaries only ) and you wont be pulling your hair ouf of your head as you probably have been (I seriously think I've been balding substantially since april 20th).

I think what AMCAS did this year is dispicable. Its a travesty in this day and age where a company can do this!! Sure, 15$ is optional, my a$$! They know that students will be lining up to pay for it, but why do they charge?! What sense does it make to charge the test taker more money! We have already paid for the test itself, which keeps going up in price, and now this!?!? Does it cost more to put in on the internet? I think not!
I am going to sue them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree w/ Doctor Octopus, but I do know where Mr. H is coming from.

$15 is not much in the long run, especially considering my $1230 bill for primaries (beat that DW! :) ). Although, after I got my disappointing MCAT score, I was like "I paid $15 for THAT?!?!?!" (I am probably the most frugal person I know and I shelled out the bucks.)

I would say the best rule of thumb is if you application depends on what your MCAT is like, go for it. If you are applying regardless of MCAT scores (for example, if you have taken the MCAT twice like me) then you can wait for the snail mail to come.

oh, princess, dont you worry, after getting my higher than expected MCAT scores last weekend, I'll be tacking some more schools on my list outside of the wealth of lower tier schools already on my AMCAS....I'll probably be pushed into the 900 dollar range, so I'm right on your heels. So, if you want to come along on the string of convenience store robberies i will be planning to pay for 2ndaries in the next two months, you're more than welcome.

To be honest, I did it completely out of the strong belief that I think that what they're doing is WRONG. I threw out the password the day it came in the mail bacause I knew I'd be tempted since it only $15.

The process is already prohibitively expensive (I had a slight breakdown when I realized how much primaries and secondaries alone are going to cost and wondering where the $$$ will come from). It's just one more way to squeez out more money. Makes me mad. I guess I'm the only one stuck waiting...

Oh, well. I submitted my app this morning anyway because I KNOW I don't want to take it in August. Ugh.

:rolleyes:

just got my scores by mail on saturday (it was post-marked june 14th from iowa city, which is where i'm from)

there is no chance that the online report would be different than the paper report...is there???
sorry, just last minute nerves i guess.
streetdoc

•••quote:•••Originally posted by streetdoc:
•there is no chance that the online report would be different than the paper report...is there???
sorry, just last minute nerves i guess.
streetdoc•••••HaHaHa! I had the same paranoid thought streetdoc!