Mcat score time line

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fusion09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is getting your Mcat score back in September too late to apply this year?

I took the Mcat, but I didn't do well in physics and feel that I will need to retake. I'm not sure at this point I can apply this year though. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks and that's what I was afraid of. I scored a 502 on the Mcat and only a 123 in physics/chem. From what I have seen so far that is pretty low for MD

Would you say that that is true as far as you know?

Yeah, very unlikely you'd get an acceptance with that unless you have a stellar application and/or are a URM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, very unlikely you'd get an acceptance with that unless you have a stellar application and/or are a URM.

I scored better on the other sections, but would it be better to apply next year at this point since it is already July? Also, what is considered a good score for MD schools on the new test?

Thanks for the answers everyone!

I scored better on the other sections, but would it be better to apply next year at this point since it is already July? Also, what is considered a good score for MD schools on the new test?

Thanks for the answers everyone!

Yeah, a 502 is ~55-57th percentile which would put you at the "equivalent" of a 26/27 on the old exam. Most schools have their lower tenth percentile accepted at a 29-30, very few a 28.

I recommend applying next cycle.

Thanks and that's what I was afraid of. I scored a 502 on the Mcat and only a 123 in physics/chem. From what I have seen so far that is pretty low for MD

Would you say that that is true as far as you know?

If you don't mind going to D.O. school a 502 would make you competitive assuming your GPA is above 3.5