MCAT score validity.... flexible??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skye04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that most medical schools accept scores from the previous 3 years (i.e. at the earliest 2 years before the year of application), and this ranges from 2-5 years depending on the individual school. What I am interested in finding out is whether anyone here has had the experience that a particular medical school was FLEXIBLE with this requirement, and actually accepted your scores despite the fact that they were 'expired.'

Thanks a lot :)

p.s. If you think I should post this in a different forum let me know. I didn't think it would belong in the MCAT forum because it isn't related to MCAT preparation but I haven't been to this site in a while. Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm pretty sure that after 3 years schools are not very flexible about this rule. we cna see year to year changes in the test itself (bio is getting much harder) and they probably want to be able to compare cnadidates in a meaningful way. however, the best way is to check with the adcom at the school, because i doubt that they will state their flexibiliyt up front. anyone else with this experience?
-jot