MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daydreams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MCAT on July 26th. I'm still not sure if I'm going to apply next summer or take a gap year. Lets suppose I do decide to take a gap year and enroll in a post bacc.

From what I've understood, MCAT scores are valid for 3 years. So taking it in July 2013 will allow me to use them until the Summer 2016 Cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the MCAT on July 26th. I'm still not sure if I'm going to apply next summer or take a gap year. Lets suppose I do decide to take a gap year and enroll in a post bacc.

From what I've understood, MCAT scores are valid for 3 years. So taking it in July 2013 will allow me to use them until the Summer 2016 Cycle?

Would anyone like to help answer my question?

I don't think anybody at SDN are in the position to state that your potential 7/2013 MCAT score will be acceptable till the summer of 2016 for, I can imagine, at least two reasons.

1) The period of allowance varies from school to school. Most are 2 to 3 years. That is NOT your KEY concern. What you should be concern, in my opinion, is that

2) Due to the changing of MCAT in 2015, many schools may "justified" to "from top to bottom" reviewing their school acceptance policy. Those potential changes may not be known to outside world and may not show up on ANY school information outlet until they choose to do so.......as a result, outside people may not see the acceptance requirement changes (possibly on the issue you just stated here) until the last minutes and show on their school website.

I am not going to name the schools but I know for the fact that there are few schools already change their basic pre-requisites based on the changes in 2015 MCAT namely including psychology etc. If you graduate at the end of 2014 or take gap years, or newly non-traditional students who had undergrad before 2015, you may have the last minute SURPRISE when you look at your target school website and suddenly realize you are two to three classes SHORT. Surprise! Surprise! So, getting the OLD MCAT line up to match the schools you want will be FUN. Folks, think about it.