MCAT scores and AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLMD

blah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happens when you submit your AMCAS application before you get your MCAT scores back? Does AMCAS hold on to your application until the MCAT scores come in? Or do they send out your application and send out the MCAT scores later?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I took the august MCAT and submitted by AMCAS application the June before. AMCAS will hold onto everything unitl they get your scores, and then send it out to the schools. But don't wait until you have the scores. Just submit the application in advance so that when your scores come in you are ready to go. You don't want any uneccesary delays. Good luck. I ended up going to an Osteopathic med school anyway. The Irony of life.

I was in the same situation last year... I submitted my AMCAS app before my Aug. scores were in, and AMCAS sent my info to med schools *without* my aug. scores. You can get secondaries w/o your scores, but you most likely will not be granted an interview until your scores are received by the schools. It is better to have your app in (even w/o the MCAT scores) and get the ball rolling on those secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I took the April MCAT. Should I still submit my AMCAS app before I get my scores from the April test?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by RLMD:
•Oh, I forgot to mention that I took the April MCAT. Should I still submit my AMCAS app before I get my scores from the April test?•••••I'd wait until your scores come in because they might affect where you want to apply. Mid-June is plenty early to apply. Just have everything ready to go so all you have to do is pick schools and hit "submit"!