MCAT Scores and Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT on May 27th and just finished up my primary application. Should I submit it w/o the score? How long does AMCAS take to verify the application? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If I submit it so early, what happens when my score comes in? How do I update it? Is there a chance I might get rejected too early if I don't have my scores on the application? What if I want to take another MCAT? How do I update this?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I want to be sure of what I'm doing, especially since they say that schools prefer if you have a score on your application before submitting it. Thanks.

If I submit it so early, what happens when my score comes in? How do I update it? Is there a chance I might get rejected too early if I don't have my scores on the application? What if I want to take another MCAT? How do I update this?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I want to be sure of what I'm doing, especially since they say that schools prefer if you have a score on your application before submitting it. Thanks.

Your scores are automatically added to your AMCAS application after they come in. They will immediately be released along with your application. After they are released, feel free to log on to AMCAS and check that they are their though. :)