MCAT Scores: Are they good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsegs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I got a total 33M. PS:14, BS:12, VR: 7 and WS: M
I know my sciences are good but my eng is weak VR and WS. Will this affect my acceptance into medical schools if im applying to AUB for example? im very good at english but i dont know what happened!!!! Plus i hav a premed GPA and a Total GPA of 4.0. I hope my english sections wont affect that much. Should I worry?

Members don't see this ad.

Thread moved. This type of question is better suited to the What are my Chances? forum. If you wish to ask about whether you should retake or not, please use the Should I Retake sticky thread.

Hello guys,

I got a total 33M. PS:14, BS:12, VR: 7 and WS: M
I know my sciences are good but my eng is weak VR and WS. Will this affect my acceptance into medical schools if im applying to AUB for example? im very good at english but i dont know what happened!!!! Plus i hav a premed GPA and a Total GPA of 4.0. I hope my english sections wont affect that much. Should I worry?
I could not find evidence on the UAB website that they consider specific subscores. I would call the school and ask, since your VS is below their bottom tenth percentile, to be sure applying there is not a waste of money.

There are a few other schools taking a decent number of OOS applicants that have a bottom tenth percentile for VS of 7, like UIllinois and Rosalind Franklin. EVMS and Commonwealth in Pa don't consider subscores at all. Other schools like FIU and Oakland don't have established minimums.

I don't think most schools really care about WS. Your verbal score might screen you out of some schools. I know that someone got rejected from UVA specifically because of their 8 verbal score.