MCAT Scores expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unlearner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know that mcat scores expire after 3 years. (if taken in 2006, cannot use to apply for 2010 yr). my question is, does the computer automatically delete expired scores or do we have to delete it ourselves on our application?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Actually i think that AMCAS actually till sends them to those school. From what i remember they are stored for about 5years but the school will not really look at them if the school considers them too old(3 years). So if you took it after 2002 i know they still send all those test scores to the MD schools.

i know that mcat scores expire after 3 years. (if taken in 2006, cannot use to apply for 2010 yr). my question is, does the computer automatically delete expired scores or do we have to delete it ourselves on our application?

Thanks!

the scores aren't deleted, and you can't delete them yourself. it's just that if your most recent MCAT score is more than 3 years old, most schools will not accept it, and will require you to retake it to get a recent score. once you retake, your new score will show up, but your old score(s) will also be there too (I think if you took it before April 2003 you can choose whether or not you want the score released, but anything more recent than that is automatically released to AMCAS).