mcat scores for schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Razmatazz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried doing a search to find what a competitive score is when using the mcat to apply but i could only find threads pertaining to GRE scores.

I have a 11PS, 7VR, 11BS on my mcat...the 7 is low so do you think it would be best if I take my GRE's and try to do well on that?

thanks...any advice appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I tried doing a search to find what a competitive score is when using the mcat to apply but i could only find threads pertaining to GRE scores.

I have a 11PS, 7VR, 11BS on my mcat...the 7 is low so do you think it would be best if I take my GRE's and try to do well on that?

thanks...any advice appreciated.

My guess is that this is good enough to get you into an MPH program somewhere. A couple kids I know of got into Emory with a 31 and 32 MCAT score. I would suggest calling the admissions office at a few schools you are considering and find out. Best way to get a definitive answer.

Well... if you're applying to medical schools, obviously an aggregate score of 29 is low. If you're applying for a MPH, many schools will accept the MCAT and a 29 should be fine.

Thanks for the advice

I emailed a few admissions offices and they were quite helpful in answering my questions. The feeling I got was that they look at your entire application as a whole but I guess I will find out after I apply.