MCAT Scores..How late is too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robotjim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I take the 3/28/09 MCAT and still be considered for admission into pod schools for fall of '09? I would like to take the MCAT earlier but I procrastinated and this seems to be the earliest available date. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You can, on the AACPM.org website says July 31st is the LATEST date.

April 1st is priority consideration

If you don't have a previous MCAT score, then you are applying pretty late with a March MCAT.

You can, on the AACPM.org website says July 31st is the LATEST date.

April 1st is priority consideration

If you don't have a previous MCAT score, then you are applying pretty late with a March MCAT.

These are dates for AACPMAS. The actual FINAL dates that you can take the MCATs are listed here. They break it down for you by school.

To the OP: Have you actually applied to Pod schools yet? Classes fill up pretty fast and if you apply that late in the cycle you might not get a seat.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
That is definitely not too late. I took the MCAT at the end of May after I had already interviewed and was accepted to start in the fall.

Thank you all for your replies..

I have not yet submitted my app but I do have it filled out. I still don't have my LORS completed and this upcoming spring semester I will be finishing my last two pre reqs(orgo 2 and physics 2)... Should I apply now and just update the schools with my new grades and MCAT scores as they come in?

Would the schools even go over my app at this time or would they just hold on to it until everything is completed?

depends on your GPA is...some schools will not wait till it is complete while others will...

:thumbup:

Thank you all for your replies..

I have not yet submitted my app but I do have it filled out. I still don't have my LORS completed and this upcoming spring semester I will be finishing my last two pre reqs(orgo 2 and physics 2)... Should I apply now and just update the schools with my new grades and MCAT scores as they come in?

Would the schools even go over my app at this time or would they just hold on to it until everything is completed?
Sounds like my story. I took Orgo 2 and Physics 2 my last semester, which started after I was finished interviewing. I actually took the MCAT on my way to interview here in AZ. Like WannaBeDPM said, it depends on the school. DMU wouldn't give me a second glance without my scores, but I got accepted to AZPod and OCPM before I got my MCAT scores back (I did have GRE scores that they could look at). I specifically asked Dean Lott at OCPM if she was alright with me taking the MCAT in April, and she said that was fine. But get your applications in and sent off, even before you get your LOR's and MCAT score back. Good Luck!