MCAT scores release... how long does it take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznleo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the new CBT format, how long does it take to recieve your scores back? I know when I took the CBT GRE, you got your scores right after you finished the test at at the testing center. And do the scores go straight to AMCAS?

Do we get the scores by email? or snail mail?
Thx. =)

Members don't see this ad.

It's called google. And it's on the front page of the AAMC MCAT website.

30 days.

Reactions: 1 user
I also had a scoring question, if you choose to not release score at the end of the test do you still get a score?

Members don't see this ad :)
In response to the many questions above:

AAMC said that they thought they would be able to release scors in 14 days, but now their website has test release dates a month after the test date. This year (including the test that I took) many releases were WAY off of what they had set as their tentative. Mine took a week and a half after they had thought. So, I think they figured they can't get it out in 14 days....they need some work. They have two readers for each essay, so that is probably why you don't get your score right away....who knows???

In regards to the score release question, AAMC is both the MCAT headquarters and the primary application site for allopathic schools. Your results are automatically included in your primary application if you are applying to allopathic schools. You have to actually release on the THx if you want it to be released to AACOMAS (osteopathic primary application site). If you release to an individual schools, most schools don't give you the option of releasing only one set - they want to see ALL results from all test dates that you sat for.

If you choose to void your test, that means just that. Your test is not scored, so you don't see your results and neither do the schools, plus you are out your $200. So when that screen appears at the end of your test giving you the option to void your test, that does not mean that your scores just won't be released. It means your test will be voided and NO score will be given.

I sugget that you read the MCAT manual or whatever it is that they suggest you read before you take the test. All of the answers are in there, then you won't make any fatal mistakes like voiding your test because you don't know what void means.

Also, don't assume that your scores will be released on the date listed. Many score release dates were pushed back last year. My release date was moved twice for a total of ~3 days.

Why does it take a whole month? There are no essays, so what takes so long?? It's an automated scoring, so why not release it your score right after you're done like the practice exams? It doesn't make any sense....

Why does it take a whole month? There are no essays, so what takes so long?? It's an automated scoring, so why not release it your score right after you're done like the practice exams? It doesn't make any sense....

A 7 year bump, good job.

Reactions: 1 users

Lol strong necrobump

So, I gotta ask. Every time someone asks a question that's been asked before, they get yelled at to 'use the search function'. Then when said person uses the search function, they get yelled at for bumping old threads.

Make up your minds, geez.

Reactions: 2 users
Why do I feel that everyone is having their own conversation here? None of the last few comments have anything to do with the previous comment or the thread! loll

Reactions: 1 user