mcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a 4 on the mcat but succeeded on the dat by getting 30s on the dat exam

Members don't see this ad.

Do you really think someone who test's in the 1 percentile on the MCAT has the mental capacity to test in the 99 percentile on the DAT?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have tried the MCAT and it was tough in the butt. I couldnt get any single answer right. For the DAT, i got a lot of questions right

Reactions: 1 user
How can you possibly get a 4 on MCAT if you really tried tho?
I think you will still get above 10 by just guessing.

Man, I usually don't call out people for being an idiot but seeing all of your posts on this thread....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe OP was referring to the VR section of the MCAT... To answer OP's question: The DAT is somewhat easier than the MCAT... But there is no way you can score 4 in the MCAT and be able to do well on the DAT... If you score 22+ in the MCAT, you might be able to get a good DAT score, which might get you into dental school assuming your GPAs are ok (3.3+)

I think he means a 4 on a subsection. If that's the case then yes it is possible. If you go into the exam without studying or knowing how the test is set up you may get a 4.

For instance, if someone loses track of time on the VR section and can't answer two of the last passages you can definitely get a 4.

I think he means a 4 on a subsection. If that's the case then yes it is possible. If you go into the exam without studying or knowing how the test is set up you may get a 4.

For instance, if someone loses track of time on the VR section and can't answer two of the last passages you can definitely get a 4.
That what I thought! I know a couple of people who got low 20s MCAT multiple attempts and did well on the DAT, and got into dental school.

I love how we are jumping from "4 on the MCAT" to "low 20s on the MCAT." As if that's what he meant :D

So OP bombed the MCAT and now he is trying to go to dental school instead?

Ah yes. The elusive 1.33/1.33/1.33

(I'm aware that it doesn't have to be split down three ways lol)

Hypothetically speaking, what would be your MCAT score if you randomly guessed every question? For example, you get a quarter of the questions correct, since it is a multiple choice question with four choices per question?

Hypothetically speaking, what would be your MCAT score if you randomly guessed every question? For example, you get a quarter of the questions correct, since it is a multiple choice question with four choices per question?

LOL according to the laws of probability you will get very close to 25% if there are let's say a million questions, not 72 lol

this thread is getting better and better

LOL according to the laws of probability you will get very close to 25% if there are let's say a million questions, not 72 lol

this thread is getting better and better

What are you talking about? The PS section has 52 questions, the BS has 52 questions, and the VR section has 40 questions. That's 142 questions. Do you even arithmetic?

Dude, if you scored that low on the MCAT you have some major content gaps. That will not bode well for the DAT. The fact the test is easier (mainly because it has more first-order questions) will not carry you from a low MCAT to a high DAT score. Dental school is hard and it makes no sense to make the entry barriers that low.

EDIT: It seems that English is not your first language. If that is true, you might want to work on that because it will make these exams a little easier for you.

Dude, if you scored that low on the MCAT you have some major content gaps. That will not bode well for the DAT. The fact the test is easier (mainly because it has more first-order questions) will not carry you from a low MCAT to a high DAT score. Dental school is hard and it makes no sense to make the entry barriers that low.

EDIT: It seems that English is not your first language. If that is true, you might want to work on that because it will make these exams a little easier for you.
So you are saying that the dat is hard?

So you implicating that the dat is hard?

melmu, the DAT is harder for you because your English is not good.

Get orgoman's books (DAT destroyer) and practice, practice, practice. Also get a tutor. Then you can ask them if you need to work on your knowledge base, your English comprehension, or both.

Not many people take both the MCAT and the DAT. So you won't get great answers on this forum.

melmu, the DAT is harder for you because your English is not good.

Get orgoman's books (DAT destroyer) and practice, practice, practice. Also get a tutor. Then you can ask them if you need to work on your knowledge base, your English comprehension, or both.

Not many people take both the MCAT and the DAT. So you won't get great answers on this forum.
I already have a dat destroyer book. So what the heck?