MCAT Screw UP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT today. Is there a way to check if your MCAT was scored or not ? I believe I have clicked the "YES" option. The strange thing is that I was not offered the volunteer portion of the exam later, and this usually applies to people who chose not to score the exam. I made my decision pretty late and waited for the pop-up screen to show up. I have thought long and hard about what I really did, but is there a way to confirm ? (besides wait for 30 days). Can I call AAMC to confirm ? If my test is indeed not scored, then I can register for the next MCAT date ASAP.(although all the dates for the old exam are packed)

The reason I waited that long is that..... while spending the last 5 seconds on the review page, I noticed that 2 questions from the life-science section were not checked as " completed".....and I started to think about the previous two sections. Apparently I am not a very accurate clicker....

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

@21341234

Explicitly states on your MCAT Registration email that those testing after Sept 18th will NOT be given a trial section.................
The exam saves all your responses and ends at the moment the timer clicks to zero seconds. It automatically proceeds to the next screen.

Were you given a confirmation page from your testing center after the completion of the exam?

@texan2414 thanks for the input

yea I definitely missed that part of the announcement.....

I did "play around" with the options by selecting/deselcting them during the wait...this is a bit pathetic because I don't really remember what I left on the screen before the pop up message.

A confirmation page regarding voiding the exam ? No I don't think so (which means my test was not voided ??)
I do vaguely remember that there were some sort of confirmation page, but I don't think it was a confirmation about voiding...

@21341234

After exiting the testing room, the proctor prints out a page with your info on it which is the "confirmation of completion" page.
Did you receive this or not? I believe for people who void, they don't get the confirmation but those that submit do get the print out at the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
@texan2414

I do have the page. but on the front page it also says "If you chose to void your exam, no further action is required on your part; your exam will be discarded and no scores will be generated." --- this makes me think that everyone would get this paper to keep.....

@texan2414

I do have the page. but on the front page it also says "If you chose to void your exam, no further action is required on your part; your exam will be discarded and no scores will be generated." --- this makes me think that everyone would get this paper to keep.....
I guess you can give a call to AAMC to inquire about your specific situation.

@21341234

After exiting the testing room, the proctor prints out a page with your info on it which is the "confirmation of completion" page.
Did you receive this or not? I believe for people who void, they don't get the confirmation but those that submit do get the print out at the end.

Just chiming in on this. My friend who took it 4 years ago said when she voided, she still got the confirmation printed. I don't think the proctors know if you voided or not, they just get to see if your test was completed. I don't know if things have changed within the 4 year time frame though. I would just call AAMC to make sure..maybe that will alleviate the stress you already feel.

i will call them tomorrow. Thanks for the input everyone !
Voiding concerns aside, how was your MCAT? There's a lot of people concerned about PS but I suspect its simply a product of neurotic hysteria. People have been preparing for months and were just taken aback with a hard section, even though in the end I bet most will score around their AAMC averages.

Voiding concerns aside, how was your MCAT? There's a lot of people concerned about PS but I suspect its simply a product of neurotic hysteria. People have been preparing for months and were just taken aback with a hard section, even though in the end I bet most will score around their AAMC averages.

The PS section was harder than I thought, the verbal felt alright. However, I never used the "review" option for those two sections, so Idk if had skipped any problems or not. I noticed that I sometimes would click on the actual texts of a choice, not the circle.... :(