premed21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I want to register for the May 21 Test date, however everything is already full. I thought I would have time to register for it this early, but the only thing open for my location is in July. How do I go about registering for May 21? Any help appreciated?

Do I just prepare for May 21 and hope that somebody will drop by then, and then register at that time? If nobody drops and its that late, I'm screwed. Also, if I wait that long then the July ones will fill up and I will be stuck for even later. Please, advice if you can.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Seats usually open up closer to the test date, yet there's no guarantee you'll be able to snag one. I'd go with the safe bet and prepare for a July test date instead. Even if you're applying this year, it's too risky to study for a May date only to be unable to get a seat. Before you give up hope on a May date, check the cities around you first.

Augustus

Removed
Oct 25, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I want to register for the May 21 Test date, however everything is already full. I thought I would have time to register for it this early, but the only thing open for my location is in July. How do I go about registering for May 21? Any help appreciated?

Do I just prepare for May 21 and hope that somebody will drop by then, and then register at that time? If nobody drops and its that late, I'm screwed. Also, if I wait that long then the July ones will fill up and I will be stuck for even later. Please, advice if you can.
I had a similar situation when I took the GRE (in another life). I ended up signing up at a testing center that was a 2 hour drive from home.

The drive actually helped me unwind and relax because I just had my favorite music blaring the whole time. So it may not be a bad thing to drive... unless you're shooting for an 8am test.