Mcat Sep 10...too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to take mcat on sep 10th, 2009. Woud that be too late ? My other concerns are my gpa. I have cGpa 2.8 & sGpa 2.98. What are my chances to get into podiatry school for 2010 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

september mcat is not a problem....your grades are a problem. They will limit your options, especially depending on your score and EC's.

Nanu... I would just go ahead and apply... you can send in your application without your MCAT scores and just have them sent in when the scores become available to you... The earlier you get your application in, the better chance you have at getting an interview regardless. Dont your grades discourage you, they look at much more than your grades when looking at applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCPM is still open i believe, apply, you have nothing to lose.

Thanks!

so should I send in the application without taking mcat?

Thanks!

so should I send in the application without taking mcat?

I highly doubt you can get into NYCPM this cycle. I'm 99% positive since classes start In August... a September MCAT doesn't make the cut. (you won't even get the scores back until October).

Next cycle... yeah send it in without the MCAT.

But you can always call and ask. I'm just a pre-pod and haven't gone through the application process yet, so I'm not all that credible.

Next cycle?
do u mean fall 2010 admission cycle?

I was told NYCPM won't interview if you don't have an MCAT score yet. I think most other places wouldn't have a problem with the Sept 10 MCAT, meaning they should offer interview invites with your scores pending. However, your cGPA & sGPA may prevent you from getting some interviews/acceptances.

I have actually talked to admissions at Scholl and I was told that you can apply early when applications come out around Sept 1 without the MCAT and have your scores pending and still be considered for interviews/acceptance.

I have actually talked to admissions at Scholl and I was told that you can apply early when applications come out around Sept 1 without the MCAT and have your scores pending and still be considered for interviews/acceptance.

Right, that is the case with a number of schools. NYCPM won't offer interviews though w/o placement test scores. I would imagine Western is pretty strict and wouldn't interview unless you had the MCAT done. Temple + AzPod will offer interviews but wait on the acceptances until scores are in.

CSPM, OCPM, Barry, Scholl, DMU have given out interviews/acceptances w/o the MCAT.

i'm taking my mcat on August 21st, so the scores should be back September 21 st or 22nd. Since the application cycle starts on September 1st, won't I still be able to apply at the end of september and still be really early in the applicant pool?

i'm taking my mcat on August 21st, so the scores should be back September 21 st or 22nd. Since the application cycle starts on September 1st, won't I still be able to apply at the end of september and still be really early in the applicant pool?

so which is the better option?