MCAT series??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandabear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just checking my AMCAS app to see if my August scores were posted--and they were. All the subscores are listed individually, but there is a section called "series." Is that the total score? Because if it is, they knocked a point off my total score...

Members don't see this ad.

I have no CLUE what the series is... maybe it is a test version or something to that effect. I certainly hope it is not supposed to be a total score, b/c if it is mine is missing 15 pts!

That number is the date you took the test. (BTW I had to check this board to get this info too. :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
no...it can't be the date we took the test...August MCATers took it August 18th (well, the majority of us, anyway). I'm thinking it's a test version...some sort of code...but if that's the case, why didn't they just put EH!!?? :confused:

I think its just the version of the test you took. people who took it in april have a different series than those who took it in august.

I think the "series" is the number of the MCAT test you took after 1991. So, if I took it in April and it says 21, it is the 21st MCAT administration since 1991, and so on.
(Anyone feel free to correct me).

No, you're quite correct. 21 is April, 2001. 22 is August, 2001. Schools will very often list which MCAT series they will accept for a particular admissions cycle.

Yep, you guys beat me to it. I took it in April and August and the series are in order, with August being the next number.