MCAT site in New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikhail

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to ask you guys to recommend me good sites to take the MCAT in New York. I read somewhere that Mariot is a good site, but it has not been offered this year.

Thank you

Mikhail

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of a good testing site in the long island (nassau county) area. thanks

the only one i've heard anything about was nassau community college. i know there's a site at westbury i think. i've heard mixed about NCC. one guy i know said his desk was one of those half desks, but somebody else had full sized ones. so it's kinda depends on where you end up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Queens college got great reviews. Not sure if that is close enough. I think Queens college and embassy suites had the best reviews. for the NYC area

I took the August MCAT at Queens College and really liked the site: large desk space, good lighting, and pretty good proctors.

For people taking the MCAT in NY...Do not take it at NYU!!!!!!!!
I took it there in April last year cause I go to school at NYU and thought it would be easier to get around because I knew where everything was but it was horrible!
There is no desk space so you have to constantly shift your papers which is very annoying and while I was taking it there were classes going on and construction outside so it was pretty noisy.
I retook the test in Aug at Embassy Suits and it was great. There was more than enough desk space and quiet so I highly suggest it. :)

aar239 said:
For people taking the MCAT in NY...Do not take it at NYU!!!!!!!!
I took it there in April last year cause I go to school at NYU and thought it would be easier to get around because I knew where everything was but it was horrible!
There is no desk space so you have to constantly shift your papers which is very annoying and while I was taking it there were classes going on and construction outside so it was pretty noisy.
I retook the test in Aug at Embassy Suits and it was great. There was more than enough desk space and quiet so I highly suggest it. :)

aar239, why did not you post this a week ago? I've registered for the MCAT and put Embassy Suits as the first choice and NYU as the second....

jackets5 said:
does anyone know of a good testing site in the long island (nassau county) area. thanks
Hey Jacket,
I know that the MCAT are sometimes held at Stony Brook University(SBU). You may want to look into that. Later

Im taking it at the embassy suites hotel also -- well i hope to. it was my first choice. :)

:thumbup: *me*

go for the embassy suites. don't take it at NYU... small desks and NOISE coming from washington square park outside. it was a little distracting. that said, i still got a 32P. have fun!!!

edit: one other thing -- i'd encourage you to take it somewhere easy for you to get to, just in case the subways are going haywire the morning of the mcat. nothing worse than sitting underground or waiting on the platform when you've got somewhere important to be.

I took the april '04 mcat at St. John's in Queens, and it was really good. We took it in an auditorium, so there was plenty of space, and the proctors were really good as well.