MCAT strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evoviiigsr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I seem to be able to eliminate most questions down to 2 choices, but it seems like I end up choosing the wrong one most of the time. Should I start choosing the one which I don't think is correct from now on? Just a thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I found the best tactic for me was to not look at the answers at all. Try to figure out the answer for yourself, then look at the choices available. This is a trick Kaplan teaches and it worked for me. If I had NO clue, then I looked at the format of the answers and then tried to come up with my own answer after that. In the end, I only worked with a process of elimination as a last resort.....MCAT writers are very tricky, and they make up the answers so that if you make a common mistake, one of the options will appear correct. This is especially true for the Physics section (at least that was my experience).

If that is happening, your odds will improve if you just random guess, not try to choose the right answer from two remaining choices.

If that is happening, your odds will improve if you just random guess, not try to choose the right answer from two remaining choices.

Now that doesn't even make any sense. I wasn't really serious about what I said, but it was a funny thought. I think a good strategy in that situation is to pick out the most obvious one, and analyze that for a bit and see if it holds.